Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Overdue Recap: JPIA

A couple of weekends ago, I flew to Princeton University. It was the reading weekend for the Journal of Public and International Affairs. As you may recall, I was selected to be a Contributing Editor for the Journal back in October. The MPA office sends two students on behalf of LSE to be the contributing editors. 


The weekend started off with landing Thursday evening. Ganga (the second year, contributing editor from LSE) and I made it into Newark and Princeton right before the massive snowstorm.  We stayed with two MPA students at Princeton for the weekend. It was nice to actually be back in a real house instead of my tiny studio for the weekend.

Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University
During the day on Friday, Ganga and I camped out and did work before the weekend started.  Friday night consisted of the weekend starting with roundtable introductions, the schedule of the weekend, and dinner! It was great to get to meet other MPA/policy master's students from around the US and the world. The rest of Friday evening consisted of starting to read the paper submissions and a Princeton MPA party. Don't worry for my fellow LSE MPA students....we still win on that front!


Saturday was the main reading day. By the evening, we selected the final eight papers that will be released in the Journal for the 2013 year. That evening, there was a social planned. It was a great way to cap off the weekend before the final meeting on Sunday, and my flight back to London. 


I know my trip to the US was short and academic, but it was nice to be back on the home soil for awhile. I'm glad that I was able to be a contributing editor for the Journal, and I look forward to participating again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment