Saturday, January 5, 2013

Father- Daughter Eurotrip!! It's BOOKED!

Excitement!

I can officially say that the epic father-daughter eurotrip has been booked! 

My Dad will be arriving in London a couple days after my Lent Term finishes, and then we're off to explore! Some of you have heard me mention this trip as I was putting the final touches on the planning- searching for flights, tours, hotels, and great restaurants. Well, now, it is all essentially booked minus some last minute details as we get closer!

So, you want to know where we are headed? 

We're spending four days in London. This includes a day trip up to Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Bath. I've never been to Bath, so I'm looking forward to it! Highlights of this leg of the trip will also include: the London Eye, the Shard, High Tea at Harrods, and showing Dad the Crown Jewels.

From there, we're off to spend four days in Dublin. We are spending the first day taking in the main sights including some that I did not get to see in 2010. We will then be taking three day trips! The first is a day trip to Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Burren, and Galway. The second and third trips have us heading to Cork, the Blarney Stone/Castle, Belfast, and the Giants' Causeway.

And, then we are off to a country where both Dad and I have never been to. We're going to Berlin for four days! We're going to be taking in the sights from the Cold War and viewing the memorials for World War II.  And, what is a trip to Berlin without a day trip to Dresden and another one to Potsdam! 

To finish the Euro-trip, we will head off to Paris! It will be five years to the day that I went to Paris for the first time when Dad and I arrive. We're going to take in the sights, eat some macaroons, and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. On one day, we are taking a day trip to Normandy and the D-Day Beaches. And, before we leave, we will head off to Versailles and Giverny! 

It's going to be an epic couple of weeks, but my Dad and I are so excited for this! We've talked about traveling around Europe since I can remember, and now it's official. We're headed to our homelands of Ireland and England, exploiting our love of Cold War history in Berlin, and indulging in sweets in Paris.

Counting down the days already!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment