Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Tea with jam and bread"

1st. If you know the song reference of the title, excellent job!

Last Sunday, Nicole and I had high tea! We had found a GroupOn for high tea for 30 pounds. Splitting the cost, we got a normal high tea service that costs 75 pounds for roughly 15 pounds plus service. It's the little bargains in life. 

Arriving at the hotel overlooking Kensington Gardens, we were swept away right away to an age gone by. Of course, high tea is served everyday, but the hotel decor reminded me of the Victorian era. The first part of  tea? Champagne, of course!  A quick toast to being in London for one month was followed by tea. I choose traditional breakfast and was very glad I had quite a large pot for myself as it was a bit chilly that day. 

Tea and Champagne

Tea time!
With the tea came out the three-level tray of food! Eating our heart's desires...sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, cupcakes, tarts, and macaroons! Yum!! And yes, I posted the photos to make you hungry!

Scones with clotted cream and jam

Spice Cupcake

Whipped Tart

Macaroons!

Tray of Food


As you can see, we left full! It was a great adventure, and I cannot wait for my next experience. On the bucket list is to eventually have high tea at Harrods!

1 comment:

  1. How decadent! I've had high tea at Fortnum & Mason and it is always fabulous.

    ReplyDelete